Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Paris Day 2

You always know your vacation is not of the "relaxing" kind if you get out of bed and stand on your feet and they almost don't support you because they ACHE!
We started day 2 with yet another amazing breakfast- I had baguette and jelly again :)


 All smiles even though we hurt and where HOT 

We took the Metro to to go Sacre Cure and Momontre. They are very romantic and my favorite part of the city. 






Momontre is an artists corner. There is a wonderful square in the city where artists have their easels set up and paint directly in the street with their finished products available to buy.  You could have set me out and left me there. Of course it is a bit toursity- there were portrait artists and caracaturists but there were many great original artitsts and their amazing work.   We also stopped to find more delicious food - mussels because it was Emily's favorite!





We then walked over to the area around the Moulin Rouge and on the walk found this beautiful terrace with these amazing flowers! 


The Moulin Rouge is just another iconic place to see and the street leading up to it has a pretty amazing array of adult stores which we just glanced at from the outside....which was enough for us! 


On the way to the last stop of the day we went to Notre Dame.  Very cool- very intimidating. What a gorgeous church- the pictures speak for themselves...






That night we got tickets to see the very top of the Eiffel Tower.  I of course had to find a bathroom because the line was super long. I waited at a public bathroom (like our portajohns but hey have automatic doors which opened and closed when people went in. It was taking forever so I just ran to the nearest cafe. By the time I was done I had made my whole family wait and wait at the entrance because they couldn't buy tickets without me. We ended up being the last few people they allowed to buy tickets for that night (whoops). 




I am very afraid of heights so the elevator ride was terrifying. First you go at an  angle across to get up the "feet" Then you start going STRAIGHT UP! The view was very worth it and I'm glad I can say I have been to the top!








No comments:

Post a Comment