Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Book club

Gale and I joined a book club earlier in the year with all vet techs and vets. I could never make the times they picked and Gale didn't particularly like the people so we decided to make our own! We have a few close friends and family that we invited and it grew a few members over the year! We meet once a month at someone's house eat dinner talk about the book and plan next month! We have had so much fun! The highlight was reading a book then having the author come talk to our book club! His month for Christmas we decided to have a cookie exchange. What an amazing idea have a ton of variation of cookies without having to bake a ton yourself. 

Our last book this year was Homefront by Kristin Hannah which was about a women national guard helicopter pilot - such a good read! I really recommend it! 

It inspired me to gather things to send to out deployed troops - we gathered together a ton of stuff! I forgot to take a picture the boxes are packed to the absolute brim! 


Merry Christmas to the troops! 

Can't wait to read the 12 books next year! So thankful for the wonderful book club I'm in :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment