Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Wedding Celebrations

This weekend Justin and I attended Kristin's awesome engagement party. A few weeks ago Kristin and I planned Megan's engagement party!   So here we are 3 close friends all getting married in the same year 5 months apart!

 It is really special that we can all plan together. It ensures that there is always someone that will talk weddings with you without getting sick of it!  Megan and Brian got engaged first over St. Patrick's Day during their vacation in Asheville. Kristin and Brian were next in late May during an emotional time where they realized there was no better time than the present to get engaged. Justin and I were the most recent during my graduation celebration trip to Italy.  It was a very exciting time and we were each able to be really excited for one another.  We will all have great excuses to buy pretty dresses for all the parties and showers over the next 15 months.  The most special part is that we are all in each other's weddings! Megan my longest friend asked me to be her maid of honor. Kristin surprised me this weekend by asking me to be one of her bridesmaids!  I'm thrilled to be a part of both of their weddings - it's even more special knowing they will be standing next to me when I get married.

Megan and I 

Megan's engagement party was at the Lake house at Lake Johnson in Raleigh. I will highly recommend them for a party- they were great to work with and as long as you fill out an alcohol permit you are able to have beer/wine at your event. It is also a BEAUTIFUL venue with a great view of the lake and rocking chairs out front.  The place was spruced up with some pictures of the happy couple and flowers from the farmer's market.  I think everyone had a great time and were able to celebrate with Megan and Ryan.  




So Kristin knows this amazing cake baker and she always has our party cakes made through her. Isn't this super cute? To top it off- it was AMAZING- probably the most moist chocolate cake I have ever had.


Good old southern barbecue was on the menu by request of the groom :) Of course with german potato salad and cole slaw thanks to the help of the best mom ever! (Thanks mom!)


Kristin's friends Nora and Mandy planned her beautiful party. Everyone brought their favorite dish and then there was plenty of beer and drinks to go around.  There was a TON of food and a very nice mixture I bet Kristin and Brian are going to eat off of it for days!  The decorations were really cute as well (the ring that Kristin was wearing was picked out by Brians nephew...awwww!) 


I love this wine bottle torch I need to make one of these. I just love this decoration!

The happy couple!


Here's to a great wedding season starting next year in May! Love you girls!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Parties!

    I want to make the wine bottle torch too! Craft night soon? I bet we'll find some empty wine bottles to use very shortly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I think we should make them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Have fun!

    http://ourhouseonahill.wordpress.com/2013/08/09/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete