Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Productive Weekend

The past month Justin and I have been packing up the townhouse in order to get it ready to put it on the market.   I had an appointment with a client on Friday in Winston and went ahead and went straight home from there. Justin and I had to go pick up the horse trailer Thursday night and pack all of our things from the house. We were jam packed..I wish I would have thought to take pictures of the trailer!  We made a pit stop in Thomasville in order to pick up the bed that Justin's parents graciously have given to us!  We got into Hickory around 4:30 with still plenty of daylight to unload the trailer.

That night we settled in bed knowing that an we had to face an early morning. Leaving hickory at 7am we made our way to Just Priceless a florist in High point. She was so wonderful to meet with us early on a Saturday morning. After 2 hours we have an amazing plan and we are really excited! Then it was off to Maxie B's for the cake tasting. The flavored were amazing. We ended up trying 13 and we picked 7 to be cupcakes at our wedding. Instead of a cake to cut we decided to go with a jumbo cupcake that Justin and I will cut. Yay! 
Justin is REALLY excited. Clearly this is the sole reason to be involved in the planning!!!
That afternoon Justin (with a huge bag of leftover cake) went to visit his family and go out to dinner with his family for Papaw's birthday. Unfortunately dad had planned moms birthday dinner the same night so I went back to Hickory to go out to dinner with my parents. We thought it was a great compromise. We went to Yosef which use to be 242. I joked with my parents that many of my childhood memories included business dinner meeting in that resturant that went on and on.....and on!

Dinner was amazing. I had the Parma and fig jam pizza and mom and dad had paellea. Yum!

Justin joined us and we helped him unload the bed and other miscellaneous things out of my car from Thomasville. That night dad went to bed but then woke back up after midnight to give mom her flowers and a birthday kiss! So sweet! The next morning we celebrated properly and mom got all her presents. She then told us her best birthday present would be to move all of my boxed up stuff out of their house and into  ours...and you can't so no to the birthday girl!!! I think Justin was in for a surprise when he saw how much stuff I have. It took a while but we finally have all of my stuff at the new house.
Pictures to come soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment