Sunday, April 19, 2015

Inbox is empty

I have a favorite book which helps you not to sweat the small stuff. It has a great lesson in it which tells you that your inbox will always be full and those of us that try and empty the inbox will never be fulfilled, there is always more to do. That said I can say that my inbox (at least of the important things) is empty! I have FINALLY caught up on all work paperwork, my truck is fairly stocked, and my workroom downstairs is clean and organized. What a feeling it is to finally have some time to rest without a huge weight of the millions of things i need to do.  That said I could not have done any of it without the help of my wonderful mom! She came over last week and helped me file which I caught up on medical records, invoicing, and double checking the numbers with the bank.  I finally finished the last few pieces last night and now all i have to do is keep up (easier said that done). Yesterday after a fun day at Hart Square she came over and we overhauled the work area downstairs. It never really got fully organized, I just moved in as much as I needed to and then started working.  It looks amazing now and I am so relieved to have that done!







That said the inbox is never truly empty, I know I have a filthy house, bathrooms, and other things I could be doing. But I know that mental health is also important and I have spent my morning reading Harry Potter in snuggly sweat pants on the couch. The house and bathrooms will get cleaned in due time!

Tonight I will finally get to ride my sweet girl again. Megan has been wonderful and riding her some this past week- she rides her so well! I had plans to go meet both her and Mom but of course emergency phone had different plans and rang as soon as I was changed and ready to head out there. Such is the life of a solo practitioner.


Rea and I have great plans for the summer, a centered riding clinic in early May at home, then maybe a dressage and cross country schooling mid-May and finishing it off with a Hunter show at home. Again all of those plans are written in pencil as we all know horses make their own agendas and its not fun to make plans in pen.

Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment