Saturday, January 26, 2013

Monterey aquarium

So Jenna and I took the Saturday off and rented a car to go see more of California. After a little back and forth because we didn't reserve a car earlier in the week we ended up with a 2012 Chevy Malibu. It was a great car! The drive there was spectacular. California really is a wonderful state :) once we saw the ocean we knew we had arrived. The aquarium was great. We didn't anticipate the amount of people that are there but most cleared out aroun lunch. The only bummer was that the sea otter exhibit was not open. To compensate they had people on the decks with binoculars to show you the otters in the bay. It was really near to see them live. They wrap themselves up in kelp and just float in their back while thy eat or sleep so cute :) we had dinner at a brewery and had the best calamari I have ever had. At dusk we made our way to the fisherman's wharf which Jenna said was a more touristy version of Pier 39 in San Fran but we found some happy hour margaritas and pursued through the shops. Overall it was a great trip. I wish I had more time in this area I hope my life rings me back to California with Justin because I want to see Yosemite and San Fran at some point.





No comments:

Post a Comment