Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Shhhhh be very very quiet.....

This past weekend Justin and I were able to test our skills at turkey hunting. After rushing up to the mountains and getting behind EVERY slow car in Ashe county we finally made it up with some daylihgt. dad gave js two practice shots each since ammo is so expensive. both Justin and i's practice shot was right on and we both had dead target turkeys!! We got all geared up and bought camo to be perfectly outfitted. Well we got up a 5am.....to fiercely blowing winds and very cold temperatures. That is a huge shock when the past week has been mid 80's. so needless to say I froze my butt off!! It was very exciting to hear dad call for the turkeys and get to experience his hobby. Unfortunately we didn't see or hear any turkeys. We gave up after we were all frozen and said we would try again in the afternoon. By the time we got down mom had a fresh pot of coffee and breakfast started :) she's the best! After going into town to check out the shops with mom we tried again and even this time we heard no turkeys and saw nothing. Oh we'll we have another weekend to try!

Update on the second weekend...the weather was perfect it was supposed to rain ans it held off till Sunday...but all Ed did w hear some gobbles saw no turkeys :( I guess I'll have to try again next year! I'm just grateful for the chance to have my dad teach me his hobby, I can't believe it has taken me this long to go the first timer I with him.










No comments:

Post a Comment