Wednesday, January 22, 2014

MLK Day

I got back from PA on Sunday and was dreading having to get up early and go to work after a travel day.  I was then pleasantly surprised when I remembered that Monday was MLK day! YAYYY! Somer and Steve planned a hike in Lillington with their friend Kelly and his sister.  Justin and I were invited and were very excited to join. It was about an hour drive but was a BEAUTIFUL day!  We had a blast walking and talking and it made the 5 miles go by so fast! 
This was the "waterfall" we hiked to.
The crew
Must do a selfie :)

 After the hike we found a taco stand and had a delicious lunch/dinner.  We had to leave by 5 so that we could come back and shower so we could make it to the NCSU vs Maryland game. Justin got tickets because it was the last time we would every play us. They are leaving our conference this year.  We had nosebleed tickets because the game was so expensive- but I didn't care! I was excited to get to go to a game- can you believe that I haven't been to a single basketball game and I was a student for 8 years?!?  Right before half time a guy from the PNC area came and gave us student tickets for section 113....whoa! So cool!  
New view!

Fake smile Justin but ill take what I can get.



We had a blast at the game. We came out playing great and then kinda trickled off. But then at the second half we pulled it out and it turned out to be a great game- we won!  What a fun MLK day. Now off to face the new week! Thank goodness its a short week. We are going to Hickory this weekend to move some of our furniture and to celebrate Mom's birthday! Post to follow :)


No comments:

Post a Comment