Thursday, March 20, 2014

We're Moving on!

So everyone knows we bought a house in Hickory (more pictures to come I promise but now it is more of a construction zone than anything else!)  But that also means that my trusty townhouse in on the market.  I just wanted to gush about another very important person in my life- not only my best friend but the best real estate agent in the Triangle! (I can't say the world because her Mom - Suzanne Williams found our dream home in Hickory :)) Laurie and I have been friends since middle school and we grew up riding together. We ended up going to NCSU together and stayed close all through college. She was always my rock during vet school and my breath of fresh air when I just wanted to talk to someone that wasn't in school with me!  I was so excited when she asked me to be her maid of honor in her wedding when she was the first of all of us to get married. I loved wedding planning with her and am so excited we get to do it all over again because she will be my maid of honor come October.


Back to the non gushy stuff now....Laurie became a real estate agent last year. She made the bold move to give up  her job and start doing something she was really excited about.  And what happened you ask?...she was one short meeting her goal of 10 closings in 2013!  I was so proud of how hard she worked and how successful she became in a short period of time. She has been an amazing agent for me and has gone above and beyond her job on many levels.

So selling your house seems all fine and dandy until you actually start getting stuff ready.   It was a major chore but thanks to Mom and Dad who came up to help it was manageable. It is amazing how many little blemishes you live with day in and day out and don't notice. Lots of caulk painting, and magic erasering later it was ready to go! (and of course an overall DEEP clean). Thanks to Justin who has been amazingly supportive and very helpful in getting everything clean and ready to go.

We made the hard decision that Petrie couldn't live with us while we are showing the house due to her affinity for running out the front door.  She is currently living with her Aunt Megan and Uncle Ryan (THANKS GUYS!) and terrorizing Zym.  Sofee is too much of a princess to go outside so she gets to stay.



 We took what felt like everything home and then after Laurie planned her firm to do a walk through we took even more things down and transported them to the new home. It is amazing how much clutter you live in day to day.  All in all we have gotten good feedback now we are just waiting for the right buyer!


 If anyone is looking for an amazing real estate agent please contact Laurie Marcey 919-592-2275.

No comments:

Post a Comment