Thursday, February 4, 2016

Snowshoe day 1

We packed up the dogs and the car to the rim and headed down to Snowshoe early afternoon Thursday. We found out that the nearest grocery store was 1/2 hour away so we just packed everything. Cooper was a doll and slept peacefully the whole trip on a bed on the very top of the stuff! 

We had a good drive up and ate dinner at Cracker Barrel. After that we let the worries of work and life melt away as we drove up the mountain - the laughing started and we had a great drive. I don't think we have taken a family trip since before we got married and I realize now how much I have missed it. 

I decided this year that even if we just get away for the weekend to not let a longer drive or more expensive weekend scare me away from getting out and seeing and experiencing things! It's hard with our schedules and the farm to take a week so the 3 day weekend will be our new vacation :) 

When we got to the condo we were all pleasantly surprised. It was mega upgraded from the pictures and is very nice and comfy! The dogs went on a potty walk before their dinner- Roxy luckily finding some grass within the snow to do her business. 

When we got back in Justin dug out their Nintendo 64 and the 007 game. I was taught quickly how to play and then got my butt beat. So I promptly gave it over to Dad :)
After a glass of wine we were all ready to hit the sack. Justin and mom will get up early to get their rentals while I cook breakfast. I will NOT be skiing this trip! Books, relaxation, and dog walking will be my weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment