Friday, March 4, 2016

Rea winter schooling

This winter was a great time to get my wonder mare legged up and ready for the show season! We started taking lessons with Jennifer flowers who now comes to Danas once a month and has a full day of teaching! She has such a great way of getting us all fired up and feeling like we can all go to the Olympics! We have mainly been focusing on dressage due to late night cold dark rides and the motivation Jennifer has given me to go for my medals- never thought I could even think about doing 3rd level!!!! When Britt came into town to look at a sales prospect for herself she gave me a royal kick in the butt and said I was ready to jump higher. The ring was packed and due to rain we were forced to go inside but after a bounce school she gave me a big 2'11" oxer and said go girl!








Rea was a champ and jumped beautifully! Since then we have jumped two more times once focusing
on balance and not rushing- Rea has the I got it girl attitude and has started taking me to the fence tuning me completely out. Oh the joys of a mare. Then I had a school by myself really picking up the fence height- 2'6"  course!! It was awesome.  This weekend we head to TTC to do our first Maiden CT 2'3" and then in two weeks we will either do our first full horse trials or another CT depending on how the cross country schooling goes this week. It is so much fun to have so many goals and really get my hind end to the barn to ride! Two other ladies at the barn are getting fired up and we already have a full show season planned. YAYYYY!

I am so lucky to have this wonder mare and love every minute with her!





No comments:

Post a Comment