Saturday, February 16, 2013

Schneeeeeeee

This weekend has been a great break. It started off great with a bowling night with Somer and Steve. We even played a round of girls vs boys....and guess what??? The girls won!!!! Pretty awesome. Today I got up to a dreary morning to take care of my patient in the hospital, by the time I got home it was raining. Then in the matter of 5 minutes I looked outside and it was a BLIZZARD. Leave it to NC to have a 63 degree day the day before it snows.  I haven't seen snow yet here this season, all other times it snowed I was out of the state on externships. So needless to say I was really excited. Laurie and I planned on going to the Homeshow downtown for some networking and girl time. The weather was definitely not enough to stop us!  The show was really interesting and I will keep those in mind when I own a bigger home and have need for renovations. We took a break from the show to have brunch, Laurie had never eaten at Beasleys so I had to take her. We both had the Reunion and it was AWESOME as always.  It was a great day and I loved seeing Laurie - she has always been my breath of fresh air during my hectic schedule. While I was out on my girls date Justin was busy at the climbing gym - he finally made it up one of the runs that was giving him trouble - The pony trickster!

I decided it was a perfect day to change into comfy clothes turn on the fire have a hot cup of tea and start a movie.  The Help was my movie of choice today, I had read the book a while back and really enjoyed it but never got around to watching the movie.  Really good choice!
During days like today I have some time to sit down and think....(yes scary I know)...but I am really thankful for all of the friends in my life.  I am very lucky to have such wonderful people around me my family, Justin, and my wonderful friends- thank you all for always being there. I would have never made it through vet school without your love and support. I hope that I am able to return the support and love you all give me.

Now onward away from the mushy gushy and here are some fun snow pictures from the day :) Love you all.

I love girls day with her :)

Ummm.....what is this white stuff coming from the sky???? (she didn't like it much- not impressed)


Roxy loves the snow :)


No comments:

Post a Comment