Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Lions and tigers and bears...oh my!

On Tuesday Roxy Megan and I packed up to go to the Asheboro zoo.  Anyone that knows me knows that I love the zoo and will go any chance I get! Justin has never been to the Asheboro zoo which I think is crazy.....that will have to happen this summer. The drive wasn't bad and we got there around 10. We started in North America and found out that during the week there are ALOT of school groups...argh.....we spent a good bit of our day trying to get away for the screaming kids. Other than that it was a great day not too hot or cold and many animals were out being active. The best part of the trip was an impromptu visit to the deck at the giraffes. You pay $2 entry to feed the giraffes, there is no guarantee that a giraffe will come up to the platform but we saw that the giraffes were currently being fed. We rushed to the platform and were given leaves to feed the giraffe. I got to pet it's head and feel its long tongue  Really cool experience!!!!
After a quick lunch we went to Africa and saw the animals on that side. That night I studied for state boards which was the next day....last real paper test of my life...the rest will be tests in the real world....wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment