Monday, May 13, 2013

The big weekend!

It finally came....graduation. This past weekend I took my oath and was given my diploma and officially became Dr. Nikki Schweizer.  It's crazy!! My parents came for the weekend and brought a special person with them, my cousin Roxy!! She is currently finishing her bachelors thesis and had some time to come visit. I was so floored and excited!! They night we had a Crock pot meal of stuffed peppers which were amazing.


I was so happy I cried like a baby that is why my face is all red and blotchy.  The next day Justin had to work so it was just my parents and I and we went downtown to beasleys chicken and honey, my favorite brunch place in Raleigh. Since it was not the weekend we just had lunch but it was still great. 


After lunch frozen yogurt with Laurie was of course a great choice. Roxy and Laurie know each other well because when Roxy came for an exchange horse camp she lived with Laurie and her family so this reunion was really fun.




Mom then said for old times sake we need to take the dogs on a walk. We went to lake Lynn which I found out is half way between Laurie and I which is very handy :). It's a great walk Roxy bear just didn't appreciate that it was 10 degrees hotter than it was the day before and dragged the whole walk. We really enjoyed all the turtles that were sunbathing....I have never seen so many wild turtles.



After the walk we went home and everyone got ready for the festivities that night..blog post to follow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment