Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Oath and hooding

Friday night was the oath and hooding. It was held in the same room as our white coat ceremony first year.  My vet school experience was well rounded because my oldest friend (and pretty much sister) Megan was able to attend my white coat ceremony and then also attended my oath and hooding.  We were required to get there early for a class picture but it meant we had time to take photos and socialize with each other. At this point it still hadn't sunk in that I was graduating...I just felt like we were all dressed up and socializing. Along with that I also hadn't come to terms with the fact that this weekend would be the last time I would see a good number of my classmates. After seeing everyone for 3 full years of class and then sporadically on clinics it was crazy to think it was over. The ceremony was very special. We nominated then voted on the professors who hooded us and also the professor who gave the faculty address. Our class speaker was Justin Jornigan who gave an amazing speech. After the festivities Megan took some wonderful pictures of the family and of Justin's family who was able to come and celebrate as well. Then it was off to a late dinner to my favorite Indian restaurant. I was brave and tried the goat in celebration of my ruminant internship next year. I will say it was good but I probably won't order it again there, I have too many other favorites.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment