Monday, September 8, 2014

Sage

Thanks to Dana I have had a horse to work with while Star decides how to be sound again. He is doing well again but he goes through bad days where he just needs some rest. Sage is a blast from my past. Star was used for an IDA show back in Hickory during Vet School and Dana sent Sage with me to try and sell him.
Sale photo when he was a 5 year old.

He did not find the right owner to buy him during that time and came back to the barn. Since then he has not found his rider yet. Dana has been nice enough to let me work with him and I love the time I spend with him.

We are hopefully going to a hunter show in a few weeks so we have been working on our jumping.  Our goal is to event next fall so we spend half our time doing dressage working on suppling in front of the withers and the other half getting ME comfortable jumping again after being a DQ for 9 years!!

Trot flat work:


Canter flat work:

Heres a video of our last gymnastic school.  He isn't picking his knees up great because he really isn't challenged yet- he is a really big boy. Unfortunately the battery died when we pushed up the height. 





No comments:

Post a Comment