Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas :)

As much as I like cowabunga I love coming home and sleeping in my own bed after a week in hotel beds!!! I slept like a baby Saturday night. After an eventful day at work Monday Justin and I were off to Hickory. We got a late start but I wanted to wake up at home on Christmas...(remember that in Germany Christmas is celebrated on the 24th). After sleeping in  Mom and I went to the barn to ride where Dana graciously let me ride Dayton (I rode him for a whole summer before I started vet school and he is one of my favorites!!) Mom rode Ace who looks great, I also hopped on her and she feels so fantastic. I realized a few things that afternoon....I miss riding with Mom, I miss riding with people in general, and I miss getting to actually ride not just plod along....I'm very very very excited to move home for that reason!!!
While I was at the barn Justin took Dad to go unload the car of stuff from the house to the new house. I was not able to see the house this time...but maybe it's better that way...as soon as we got back to Raleigh all Justin could say is can we move in noooow???
The evening rolled around and we put up the luminaries which are a tradition in our neighborhood. Not only are they lovely but they also bring the whole neighborhood out of their homes. While we put them up our neighbors came over and we invited them in and had a lovely evening with wine cheese and homemade German Christmas cookies!! 

As soon as everyone had their fill they left and we got the fondue ready. It is tradition in our family to eat fondue then go open a few presents and them go eat some more. This year there weren't that many presents and we stuffed ourselves so much at the first round that there wasn't multiple rounds. Dad got us despicable me 2...and since he wanted to see it that night it really was a present for everyone :)
We only made it half way through before I stared falling asleep.
The next morning was an early one to make it to Thomasville for Christmas morning! We had our coffee and Terri had an amazing quiche ready when we got there...one of the Goochs tradition I can count on :) 
Its fun to open presents with such a big family in a big circle...I only ever got that when my cousins came for the holidays or when we went to Germany. 
Then everyone sat down to an amazing meal, my parents even came up and it was vey special. D'Neil always picks up a smoked pork shoulder and it is always AWESOME!! After we ate very one sat around talking for a long time. While we were talking all the dogs found good laps to snuggle on.


Then everyone dispersed and I was exhausted I thought I was getting sick so I grabbed my best snuggle buddy (Roxy) and crashed in the guest room for 2 hours!!


Then it was back to Raleigh. I hope every one enjoyed their time with their family even if you are having to celebrate Christmas late because you had to work. Love you all- merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment