Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was wonderful this year. Martin the resident that I share on call with graciously offered to cover the holidays since he doesn't have family here. Justin and I were able to leave Wednesday and spend the night in Thomasville. He wanted to bring only german good to thanksgiving as our contribution so we made knoedel, spaetzle, and venison goulash (a type of stew). We were able to space those over the weekend and Monday and freeze them so it was easy to prepare. He then also made his famous cheesecake and I tried a new German apple cake recipe that came out great! Thursday we headed to his Aunt Leigh-Ann's house and had a wonderful meal. Everyone brings something and the end result is a feast of food. I always have a hard time trying everything before I get too full! I am thankful I have a big family to do thanksgiving dinner with now- it was something I missed as a kid. That night it was off to hickory to spread the thanksgiving joy to mom who spent her thanksgiving with her pony :)

I am thankful for all the wonderful people in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment